If you're thinking about taking the plunge into XC racing, do it with the Chisel Comp.
It embodies all of the qualities you'd expect from an XC race bike, like light overall weight, incredible stiffness, and a race-oriented geometry. Consider it the vessel that's bringing performance to the masses.
Traditional welding methods create frame joints by connecting tubes to cylinders, leaving the performance & security of the connection up to the skill of the welder. D'Aluisio (DSW), however, allows us to move the joint away from the area of the highest stress, making for a lighter frameset that's stiff, compliant, and incredibly strong—the optimal characteristics for a hardtail XC rig. So what does this mean for you? You'll be powering up climbs, shredding singletrack, and everything in between on a bike that has you question why alloy as gotten such a bad rap.
And to further improve this feel, the Chisel also features our XC 29 geometry which took our previous XC race geo and added some trail DNA to the mix. This equates to a longer top tube, a shortened the head tube, and a slacked out front end, the result of which is a tremendous increase in downhill stability, plus a wider fit range. And just as importantly, this doesn't require any sacrifice of climbing proficiency.
The build on this, it features a mixture of Shimano Deore and XT two-by components for a wide range of gears. You'll also find powerful MT500 Deore hydraulic disc brakes, a historically revered RockShox Judy fork with up to 100mm of travel (size-specific), and 25-millimeter-wide alloy wheels that are optimized for weight and traction.
- Given its lightweight and ultra-stiff characteristics, M5 aluminum was the natural choice for the frame's construction. And when complemented with our speed-focused XC 29 Geometry, D'Aluisio Smartweld technology, and internal cable routing, you get a bike that compromises nothing in delivering explosive speed, confident handling, and hassle-free maintenance.
- Rocks and bumps are soaked up via the RockShox Judy fork with 90/100 millimeters of travel (size-specific). It features proprietary technology from RockShox, like its Solo Air™ spring, that maintains an ideal equilibrium, as well as being one of the lightest air springs on the market.
- The Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur is one of the most sought after components in mountain biking. It's remarkably reliable, precise and crisp in its shifting, and is nothing if not durable.
- FRAME - Specialized D'Aluisio Smartweld M5 Alloy, XC Geometry, internal cable routing, BSA BB, 12x148mm rear end, triangulated post-mount 160mm brake
- FORK - RockShox Judy 29, Solo Air, 51mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle (S: 90mm, M-XL: 100mm of travel)
- FRONT HUB - Front hub, disc, 15x110mm spacing, torque caps, 32h
- REAR HUB - Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
- SPOKES - Stainless, 14g
- RIMS - Specialized Alloy 29, 25mm internal width
- INNER TUBES - Standard, Presta valve
- FRONT TIRE - Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.3"
- REAR TIRE - Fast Trak, GRIPTON compound, 2Bliss Ready, 29 x 2.1"
- CRANKSET - Stout XC Alloy Boost
- CHAINRINGS - Stout 36/22T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Threaded BSA
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Deore, i-spec clamp, 11-speed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Deore down swing, 2x10
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano XT, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 10-speed
- CASSETTE - Shimano Deore, 10-speed, 11-36t
- CHAIN - KMC X10, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE - Shimano MT500 Deore, hydraulic disc, 180/160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE - Shimano MT500 Deore, hydraulic disc, 160mm rotor
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Mini-rise, 6000 alloy, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 10mm rise, 720mm width, 31.8mm clamp
- GRIPS - Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle, S/M: regular thickness, L/XL: XL thickness
- STEM - Specialized Alloy, 3D forged, 4-bolt, 6-degree
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Phenom Comp, Adaptive Edge design, Hollow Cr-Mo rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST - Specialized, alloy, 2-bolt, 27.2mm
- SEAT BINDER - Specialized Alloy 30.8mm
- PEDALS - Specialized Platform, 9/16" spindle