Maybe you're finding your legs on the singletrack, or perhaps you're just dirt-curious? Either way, the Rockhopper Sport is the only bike you need to live out your trail fantasies.
It starts with our new A1 Aluminum frame that has optimized tube shapes which save weight while dramatically improving aesthetics. To go along with these clean new lines, the new Rockhopper also has internal cable routing to further clean up the frame. Lastly, our Sport XC 29 geometry adjusts the reach, angles, and standover height to make for an improved fit across the size range. This is sure to keep you ripping and confident while heading both up and down the trail.
This Rockhopper comes with a build spec that places an emphasis on reliability. This means that it features a full Shimano drivetrain, dependable Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, grippy Ground Control tires that add traction over any trail, and an SR Suntour XCT 29 fork with our custom Multi-Circuit damping that eliminates the "pogo" feel commonly associated with coil forks.
- The frame is constructed from lightweight A1 Aluminum in order to provide a compliant, durable platform to support our acclaimed XC Sport 29 Geometry. Combined, you get a bike that's more than efficient on climbs and descends with equal aplomb.
- Custom SR Suntour XCT fork features 80/90/100mm (size-specific) of coil-sprung suspension travel that swings well above its weight class.
- A Shimano Acera rear derailleur controls the rear shifting with durable aplomb. It shifts along a wide gear range, 11-34t, so you can ride confidently knowing that you'll always have the right gear for the hill at hand.
- FRAME - A1 alloy, Sport XC 29 Geometry, zero-stack head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger
- FORK - SR Suntour XCT w/ MCD 29, coil spring, custom Multi-Circuit damping, QR, 80/90/100mm travel (size-specific), 51mm offset
- FRONT HUB - Shimano Center Lock, disc, 100x9mm QR, 32h
- REAR HUB - Shimano Center Lock, disc, 135x9mm QR, 32h
- SPOKES - Stainless, 14g
- RIMS - Stout XC 25 29, alloy, disc only, double-wall, 25mm internal width, 32h
- FRONT TIRE - Ground Control Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead, 29x2.1"
- REAR TIRE - Fast Trak Sport, Flak Jacket flat protection, wire bead, 29x2.0"
- CRANKSET - Stout 3x8, forged alloy
- CHAINRINGS - 44/32/22T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Square taper, 73mm, internal bearings
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano ST-EF505, Ez-Fire Plus, 3x8
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Altus FD-M313, 34.9mm clamp, down-swing
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Acera 8-speed
- CASSETTE - Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-34t
- CHAIN - KMC X8EPT, 8-speed, anti-corrosion coating w/ reusable Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE - Shimano BR-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 180/160mm rotor
- REAR BRAKE - Shimano BR-M315, hydraulic disc, resin pads, 160mm rotor
- HANDLEBARS - Stout double-butted alloy, 10mm rise, 10-degree backsweep, 4-degree upsweep, 720mm width, 31.8mm
- GRIPS - Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on
- STEM - Stout 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 6-degree rise
- SADDLE - Henge Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST - Alloy, 12mm offset, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm
- SEAT BINDER - Alloy, QR clamp, 34.9mm