If you've ever felt torn between a "traditional" road bike and a dedicated touring rig, you're not alone. Now, though, the Sequoia Elite gives you both by combining the two into one genre-bending bike. It has everything you need to hit the road and never look back.
The Sequoia's path to adventure starts at the frame, which we constructed from Premium Cr-Mo tubing. This material is coveted for its strength, respectable weight, and tuned ride quality. And we took this a step further by selecting tubes that are specific to each frame size, further ensuring that every frame rides exactly as we intended.
Of course, this is only a piece of the equation, with the next being its dedicated Adventure Geometry. This geometry is unique in that it skews the line between a traditional road bike and a dedicated touring rig. You'll find an ample wheelbase and low bottom bracket for control, but the chainstays and tube angles ensure that you'll be able to travel efficiently and quickly, regardless of whether or not your rig is loaded.
Digging into the details, the frame is outfitted with an ample number of mounts for water, racks, and fenders. And for the build, we included a carbon fork and reliable parts, like a mix of Shimano 105 and RS505 shift levers, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, and hand-built Hayfield wheels that are cased in wide, 2Bliss Ready tires.
- The Sequoia is built from our Premium Cr-Mo, size-specific tubing. This ensures that every frame is strong, light, and capable, while every frame size rides exactly as we intended. This philosophy is furthered with our Adventure Geometry that provides ample confidence over rough and smooth terrain, alike. And lastly, we equipped this frame with fender & rack mounts to make sure you'll be well equipped whenever adventure strikes.
- A beefy FACT carbon fiber fork is sure to take the sting out of harsh roads. And when you're deep into said roads, you'll be thankful for the extra water bottle mount found on its fork leg.
- The Sawtooth is THE adventure tire of choice, developed to handle any road surface and to be tough enough to withstand the rigors of exploration. The tread offers sharp angles and edges to hook onto any surface, while the Endurant casing reinforces the sidewall for added protection and high carrying loads.
- FRAME - Premium Cr-Mo size-specific tubing, internal light cable routing, Adventure Geometry, flat disc mount, fender/rack mounts
- FORK - Specialized FACT carbon, tapered, internal light cable routing, flat mount disc, water bottle/rack/fender mounts
- FRONT HUB - Front Hub, anodized
- REAR HUB - Hayfield rear hub, anodized
- SPOKES - Stainless, 14g
- RIMS - 700C disc, 15mm rim depth, 25mm internal width, w/ valve cover, 32h
- FRONT TIRE - Specialized Adventure Gear Sawtooth, 2Bliss Ready, 700x42mm
- REAR TIRE - Specialized Adventure Gear Sawtooth, 2Bliss Ready, 700x42mm
- CRANKSET - FSA Gossamer Pro
- CHAINRINGS - 48/32T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - 68mm, BSA
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano RS505, flat mount
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano 105, clamp-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano 105, GS cage, 11-speed
- CASSETTE - Sunrace, 11-speed, 11-36t
- CHAIN - KMC X11, 11-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE - Shimano RS505, hydraulic disc
- REAR BRAKE - Shimano RS505, hydraulic disc
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Adventure Gear Hover
- TAPE - Anza canvas tape
- STEM - Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE - Anza, hollow Cr-Mo rails, aluminum bumper
- SEATPOST - Alloy, 2-bolt, 25mm offset, 27.2mm
- SEAT BINDER - Specialized, alloy, 29.8mm