With the Diverge Sport, you'll be prepared for anything, from smooth tarmac to the loosest, roughest tracks out there. It's packed with all the same technologies as its pricier cousins, only its spec places an emphasis on reliable performance, not components so flashy you'll be eating nothing but top ramen for months.
With a completely redesigned frame, the new Diverge is more capable than ever. And with the constant goal to best meet your needs, we took your number one request into account—tire clearance. The new frame will comfortably fit up to 700x42mm tires with plenty of room for mud, too. Along with tire clearance, weight was a large factor in the development, and taking some design cues from the development of the Roubaix, we developed a FACT 9r carbon frame that's one of the lightest in the category.
Next up, we moved away from a traditional 'cross geometry, instead opting for something that hasn't been seen before—Open Road Geometry. We know what you're thinking, "it's just another marketing term," but for the Diverge, we truly did develop an entirely new geometry. With a touch less hyperbole, you can think of it as a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimeter lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road.
And while riding gravel and dirt roads on a road bike may add to the adventure, there's only so much that wider tires with lower pressures can absorb, in terms of bumps. With this in mind, we implemented a new version of our Future Shock into the Diverge design. It not only soaks up bumps with ease, but also adds the benefit of extremely predictable handling. That's because the wheelbase isn't lengthening when you hit a bump, so the front end of the Diverge keeps the same effective head tube angle. In other words, when you dive hard into a turn, you won't be surprised by under steer or sloppy handling. Unlike the original Future Shock, the Diverge's version features a progressive spring that makes this technology more suitable for off-road applications, where stiffer suspension is often needed to soak-up larger bumps and obstacles.
Adding to its multifaceted talents, we topped it off with three water bottle mounts, plus mounts for racks and fenders. So while it's one of the most smile-inducing bikes you'll ever shred fire roads on, it's equally adept at bike packing, commuting, or even a spin to your local brewery.
The Diverge Sport spec hits right on the money with a sturdy Shimano Sora groupset, hassle-free mechanical disc brakes, and a strong Axis Sport wheelset.
- The FACT 9r carbon frame features our adventure-bound Open Road Geometry, Future Shock Progressive suspension with 20mm of travel, and front/rear thru-axles, making it the ultimate tool for your next adventure.
- The lightweight FACT carbon fork is plenty stiff, aiding in handling, rigidity, and an overall light weight.
- The Praxis Alba 2D is an incredibly stiff crankset with supreme ramping for precise shifts between the rings.
- FRAME - Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Open Road Geometry, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock Progressive suspension, 20mm of travel, flat mount disc, BB386
- FORK - Specialized FACT carbon, flat mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- REAR WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- INNER TUBES - 700x28/38mm, 48mm Presta valve
- FRONT TIRE - Specialized Trigger Sport, 60 TPI, BlackBelt protection, 700x38mm
- REAR TIRE - Specialized Trigger Sport, 60 TPI, BlackBelt protection, 700x38mm
- CRANKSET - Praxis Alba 2D, BB386
- CHAINRINGS - 48/32T
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Tiagra
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Tiagra, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Tiagra, long cage, 10-speed
- CASSETTE - Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed, 11-34t
- CHAIN - KMC X10, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE - Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- REAR BRAKE - Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- TAPE - Specialized S-Wrap
- STEM - Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE - Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- SEATPOST - Alloy, 2-bolt clamp
- SEAT BINDER - Alloy, 31.2mm