With a mix of comfort, performance, and value, the Ruby is the perfect steed for exploring roads that are, well, less than ideal.
The frame is among the lightest that we've ever made, and it's been constructed from our superlative FACT 9r carbon fiber. Its stiffness levels are also excellent, and compared to the SL4 iteration of yesteryear, you'll experience a whole new, faster, and more efficient geometry. Through some engineering sorcery, however, we've managed to keep the same fit, feel, and position that we've all come to love from the SL4's Women's Endurance Geometry. Of course, you're probably thinking, "get on to the suspension thing up front."
We call it Future Shock, and essentially, it's a piston in the head tube with 20mm of travel. We developed this technology in partnership with McLaren Applied Technologies, and the result of this are a host of drastic performance improvements, namely in the vertical compliance department. Without giving a physics lecture, we found that focusing on vertical compliance, instead of fork splay, meant that we could improve smoothness, speed, and comfort in one fell swoop. And of all the bikes that we've tested with our Rolling Efficiency Model, the new Ruby outperforms anything on the market.
Topping off the lightweight frame and Future Shock technology is a predominantly Shimano component spec, hassle-free Tektro Spyre mechanical disc brakes, and women's-specific touch points that are sure to keep you rolling, worry-free, for many miles to come.
- Featuring our Rider-First Engineered™ design that ensures every frame size has the same legendary responsiveness and smooth ride quality that you'd expect from a Ruby. The FACT 9r frameset is exceptional in every way, offering the ideal blend of light overall weight and targeted stiffness. Meanwhile, the all-new Future Shock "suspension" system at the cockpit delivers a revolutionary degree of comfort and control.
- The Ruby Disc fork is built from our extraordinary FACT carbon fiber for supreme stiffness, strength, and reactivity, while a thru-axle design only stands to bolster all of the above.
- Comes equipped with a 25lbs spring installed (color: black, weight: medium), and also includes both 13lbs (color: blue, weight: soft) and 40lbs (color: yellow, weight: firm) springs that can be installed to match the terrain you're riding.
- FRAME - Specialized FACT 9r carbon, Women's Endurance Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, 12x142mm thru-axle, Future Shock suspension, 20mm of travel, flat disc mounts
- FORK - Specialized FACT full-carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- REAR WHEEL - Axis Sport Disc
- INNER TUBES - 700x20/28mm, 40mm Presta valve
- FRONT TIRE - Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- REAR TIRE - Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x28mm
- CRANKSET - Shimano Tiagra
- CHAINRINGS - 50/34T
- BOTTOM BRACKET - Shimano Tiagra
- SHIFT LEVERS - Shimano Tiagra
- FRONT DERAILLEUR - Shimano Tiagra, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR - Shimano Tiagra, long cage, 10-speed
- CASSETTE - Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed, 11-34t
- CHAIN - KMC X10EL, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE - Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- REAR BRAKE - Tektro Spyre, flat mount, mechanical disc
- HANDLEBARS - Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- TAPE - Specialized S-Wrap
- STEM - Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- SADDLE - Women's Body Geometry Myth Sport thin, Steel rails, 155mm
- SEATPOST - Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 27.2mm